Monday 23 July 2012

Day 100 Hanoi to Perth

It’s actually coming to an end! I am sitting here staring out at the lights of Hanoi writing my very last blog post. Who knew that 100 days in South East Asia would fly by so quickly, show us more than we ever thought possible and teach us to view the world in a completely different light. I vow to love harder, work harder, smile more often, and appreciate every small and big thing that I already have in my life. I will always be thankful when I am able sit down on a toilet (instead of squatting), and grateful that I don’t have to carry hand sanitizer everywhere. I’m looking forward to a real cup of tea with my mum, hugging my dad, talking to my sisters, meeting our niece, planning our wedding, and spending time with family and friends. Fresh air, water straight from the tap, a cold breeze, and a wardrobe will never be taken for granted again. So many things to look forward to and yet so many things I’m not ready to farewell…the people, the children, the spiritually, the landscape, the food, the colours, and the adrenaline of not knowing what to expect next. All things must come to an end and the next adventure will start soon enough…Goodbye South East Asia.       

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is sad your time over in Asia has come to an end. I bet you guys have had a blast. Looking forward to seeing you guys tonight! Can't wait. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you seriously need to write a book Bex! you are amazing and we cant wait to see you both!! Poppy cant wait to meet you xxxxx

      Delete