Wednesday 25 April 2012

Day 4 Singapore to Malaysia

An early rise and we were off to the Queen Street bus terminal to catch a bus to Johor Baru in Malaysia an hour trip that cost $2 SG each. We had to quickly jump off the bus before leaving Singapore to pass through Singapore imigration. We lined up with scary looking men everywhere with guns and before you know it Mike is stopped...He pulls out his passport but the scary little man has only one very important question for him "how tall are you?" after Mike revealed the answer to this all important question the little man replied "woooh you big" and let him pass through. Back onto the bus to Larkin Station where we boarded a bus to Mersing a 2.5 hour journey to the east coast of Malaysia. Mersing is a little fishing town where the ferry departs for Tiomon Island. We drove through acres of palm tree plantations, old run down buildings, and muddy rivers (relatively different to the modern skyline of Singapore) and arrived at Mersing. The heat was like nothing I had ever experienced and with our packs on our backs we hiked off to the jetty for our ferry... another 3 hours later we arrived at beautiful Tiomon Island. WOW...I am trying to figure out how to upload photos from the ipad to my bog (which is proving a little tricky) if anybody knows how, or what app I need help would be appreciated. I cant really explain this place in words.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Travellers,
    I have sucessfully managed to negotiate this modern technology and here I am on a Blog.
    I just love your postings and I am really interested to read what happens next. I remember when I was in Singapore with my 93 year old companion, people would stop and shake her hand and ask how old she was. I don't think people make great ages in those countries.
    Great story about Mike and the guy asking how tall he was.
    Love you both and look forward to more......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mum!!! Awesome that you have navigated the blog world and ended up here. I am really enjoying writing about our trip. I can't believe you managed to find your way around Singapore with grandma grey and I can't believe she survived the heat, she is amazing. We have just finished a huge day snorkeling & decided to stay on this beautiful island for a couple more nights. Love Bec, missing you xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow I really love your Blog it's so much more informative than I normally get from any of my sons.
    How hot is it?Is it muggy?We're down to 3 in the mornings here but beautiful autumn days.Can't wait to see some photos.
    Love Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue!!! I'm glad I can keep you updated, I really enjoy writing it and it will be something to look back on. It's very hot here probably around 35 degrees but it's the humidity that's the battle. I'm sure we will get used to it & our poor skin has got some adjusting to do but I'm definitely not complaining. Can't believe your already down to 3 in the morning WOW! Lots of love Bec & Mike xxx

      Delete
  3. Whoops! didn't negotiate the technology I navigated it. Although if I could have talked it to death it probably would have been a lot easier for me! LOL. Looking forward to more... and love seeing your comments Sue.

    ReplyDelete